Friday, August 31, 2012

What a day.

To start the post off I thought it would be nice to put up a few preview pictures of the color I'm putting the finishing touches on now. All but one ended up being just this side of blurry and wouldn't cut it. So look at a bottle. Oooh, shiny!

Ooh, purple!
 
Please, excuse the horrible attempt at stamping there on the ring finger and the state of my cuticles. It was a busy day. So many times I sat down to start filling bottles now that I have a formula I'm happy with. So many times I was pulled away mere seconds later by either a crash, a cry, or a cat. I tell ya' if it wasn't one it was the other.

Spoiler: Minor whining ahead.
 
I understand where Little Girl(and to a degree the cat) are coming from, I do. It's not easy to have Mom home but not have her undivided attention. Today just happened to be one of those days where "abandonment" was the theme more than usual. At one point Little Girl decided that because I wouldn't let her have grape soda in her bedroom that she was going to retaliate by making it rain shoes in the living room. She also "secret cleaned" the bathroom. Water. Everywhere. The truth is that I have no idea what to do. By 7:30 in the evening I had run out of punishments and bribes and was at my wit's end. She ended up going to bed a full hour and a half earlier than she normally would and even that was a battle. Here's hoping that Daddy's days off and having both of us home all day helps her feel better and evens things out for the next week.
 
Do any of you have trouble with this? Are any of you stay-at-home mothers? Let me know!
 
Love and pretty polish to all of you,
Adaira 

No comments:

Post a Comment